The month of March is your opportunity to end the first quarter of 2016 stronger than ever. If you haven’t done so already, put down in writing your practice management and marketing plans for March. I will give you several different idea’s to help get you started.
Note: March is an especially important month for any of you that typically struggle with your schedule during the month of September. Be sure to pre-appoint your March hygiene patients for their 6 month continuing care appointments. (If this isn’t already being done with your hygiene patients, make it your goal to schedule their next appt. while they are there in the office.)
~ Dental Practice Management Idea’s ~
March is Employee Spirit Month
If you want to increase employee trust, creativity, teamwork, engagement and productivity, then it’s time to have some fun, commend more, improve communication and huddle up!
– Have some FUN! – Games, contests, competitions and food are all great ways to have more fun at the office.
- Lunch: Every one bring a dish to pass or doctor orders lunch in for the team.
- Excursion: Bowling, Dinner Out, Shopping, Painting, Spa, etc
- Trivia Questions: Play a trivia game about procedures, office policy, telephone verbiage, etc. Winners earn prizes.
- Prizes: Gift Cards, Cash or PTO
- Video: Make a fun music/dance video with the team.
- Employee of the Month: Each month, vote for team member of the month.
– Commendation – Commend a fellow team member when you catch them doing something “right”. Commendation boosts morale. (Tip: Employers, commend & reward the behavior and actions that you want to see more of.)
– Communication – Reduce employee frustrations with excellent communication. When new procedures or technology is being introduced be certain that every team member is made aware and educated. Employee expectations and Office changes should be clearly communicated to the entire team… no more, “I didn’t know” or “No one told me!” Share your office goals for production, collections, new patients and marketing plans. This helps to keep everyone on the same page and working toward the same goals.
– Huddle Up – The morning meeting is essential for a successful day. If you tried in the past to have a morning huddle and it didn’t work out… try again! However, this time, please follow these tried and true suggestions & tips for morning meeting success.
Hygiene Continuing Care Opportunity:
National Cleaning Week: 27-4/1 – Is it time for your dental spring cleaning?
~ Dental Marketing Idea’s ~
National Write A Letter of Appreciation Week: 1-7
Send appreciation cards to your favorite loyal patients, your favorite referring doctors and your favorite local businesses.
National March Into Literacy Month –
Host a book drive for your local library, schools or families in need. Ask your patients and people in the community to drop off their new or gently used books. Submit a press release to the local newspapers and TV news. Run this event for a few months.
Or check out these other ideas here: Dental Marketing Idea for your local library -1 and Dental Marketing Idea’s for your local library -2
National Kidney Month – Good dental health isn’t just about preventing cavities and keeping your gums healthy. Both tooth decay and gum disease can lead to infections that can cause problems for people with kidney disease. A study in the Journal of Clinical Periodontology reported that people with kidney disease and those on dialysis are more likely to have periodontal disease and other oral health problems than the general population.
Root Canal Awareness Week: 27 -4/2 – How to prevent a root canal.
So what do you think you would like to do to help make March a great month in your office? Comment below, I would love to hear your idea’s. If you are interested in having me help your office create a custom marketing campaign that includes ideas for special offers, office fun, patient give-aways/drawings, community involvement, cross marketing with local businesses and recare/incomplete treatment scripting, please contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you receiving my complimentary Practice Management and Marketing Idea’s in your email inbox each month? If not, please subscribe today. Feel free to tell your dental friends all about us so they can start benefiting from these dental idea’s too. Thank you!
Yours for Greater Success,