Pinterest and Facebook and Twitter, Oh My! Social Media Sites – Enough to wonder, why?
Social media platforms such as, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google, Pinterest, Blogs, Online Community News Pages, YouTube and more help to build your dental practice.
How Can Social Media Help Your Practice? Here are just a few ways…
- Build relationships between your office team and potential new patients
- Stay in Touch with your Active and Inactive Patients
- Increase your Online Presence
- Learn what your patients/potential patients want
- Improve Community Involvement
- Manage and Increase your Online Reputation
- Great Way to Advertise Special Events and Office Specials
- Excellent Dental Education Tool
Surely, you can see that in order to be effective and successful with your use of social media, it’s not a case of “if you build it they will come”. Yes, you must build it; however, you must also develop and nurture it. It takes time and effort to build relationships. The key is the engagement. Just posting to your sites will not effectively engage your audience.
You effectively engage (build relationships) by;
- Acknowledging comments and likes on your posts.
- Interact with other local business pages, this means, visiting & liking their pages, commenting on their posts and sharing their content. Remember, every time you do this, all of the people (potential patients) that see these business pages will also see your office comments and likes. It’s planting little marketing seeds.)
- Post quality content. WIIFM (What’s In It for Me?) not you, but your target audience, your patients and potential patients. What content will capture their attention?
- Be real – share information, pictures and videos not only about your office but of you and your team. Show your audience that within the office building are real people, people who care about dental health, care about changing smiles & improving lives, care about each other, care about their patients and care about their community.
I understand that not all business owners (Doctors) want to nor do they have the time required to start and grow a social media presence. Take a look at your employees; do you have someone who is a good candidate to help you do this? Someone that you can train to be the “voice” of your practice?
If not, I happen to love working with social media as a dental marketing source. Contact me today firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your complimentary consultation.
Perhaps, your social media pages are set up, yet, you struggle to know what to post on your pages.
Here are some quick ideas for you:
- Dental Health Tips
- Dental Emergency Instruction
- How to Videos/link to YouTube
- Health Tips
- Office Contest Information
- Trivia Questions
- Fill in the Blank statements
- Quotes (Motivational, Funny and/or Inspiring)
- Community News (Events, weather, sports news, etc)
- Team Member News (work anniversaries, family news, etc)
- Patient News
- Product & Service Information
- News about Continuing Education
- Employee Spotlight
- Before and After Smiles
- Pictures of team members having fun
- Acknowledge all “likes” and “comments” on your posts
- Share local business posts to your social media pages
- Comment and like other businesses posts
- Ask your audience to please share your page with their friends & family
- Openings in Schedule (note: avoid saying “we have a cancellation” instead say something like: “__ has an opening in his/her schedule today at 11:00 for your all important dental hygiene visit…” Whatever you say, saying change in schedule is better than saying cancellation.
A few more tips…
- Vary the times you post or share on your social media sites.
- Don’t spam with too many posts in a day.
- Occasionally boost your Facebook posts.
- Invite your patients to check-in on your office page.
- If your team is active on social media sites, encourage them to engage with the office social media pages (ie: like, comment and share posts)
Would you prefer to have someone create the content for you? It would be my pleasure to provide you with engaging and sharable content, custom to your office and community. Content that you can simply copy and paste to your social media pages or, I’ll create the custom content and do all of the work of posting to your sites and help to build relationships with local businesses on their social media pages.
Fresh content and posts just for your office! Done in a way that your patients and potential patients believe it’s coming straight from your office. Sound good to you?
Contact me today email@example.com to set up your Complimentary Consultation.
I love hearing your comments, feel free to comment and share your ideas and what content works well for your office.
Have you subscribed to receive my complimentary dental marketing and practice management ideas that are sent right to your inbox each month? If not, take a second and sign up. You can subscribe right here on this page or send me your email address and I can send you a link to subscribe. This way, you won’t miss a single idea!
Yours for Greater Success!